IPRs create tradable assets out of products of human intellect، and provide a large array of IPR tools on which businesses can rely to help drive their success through innovative business models. Inventions، whether products or processes، are conceptualized to solve specific technological problems. When they are patented، inventions contribute to the increase of the Global Competitiveness Index of the country.
Believing in the potential of local inventors to contribute to the country» s intellectual and economic wealth، Iran Patent Office commits to enhance its services that demonstrate national capability of innovations.
Iran Patent Office started its activities since 2004 as an intellectual property department of Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative Council (INIC). In 2014، with the approval of the Science and Technology Deputy of President، the department as an independent office started its activities in various field of intellectual property rights، focusing more on patents and in all areas of science and technology.
Iran Patent Office by taking into account the country requirements in intellectual property fields، has establish and worked with various associations and firms in the assorted IP fields in the form of a focused collection.
- Motivating national potentialities to create innovations and inventions;
- Creating an innovative environment in R&D and SMEs;
- Promoting national science-technological advancement;
- Protection of individual innovators» intellectual property right;
- Providing facilities for R&Ds، start-ups، and SMEs to protect their intellectual assets and monetizing from their IP assets;
- Stimulate and provide invention and entrepreneurship education، as well as supporting the launch، earliest incubation and mentoring of invention-based enterprises.
- Filing national invention applications in major patent offices around the globe such as USPTO، EPO، PCT، JPO، KIPO، etc. ;
- 90 percent funding support for international patent protection in EPO، USPTO، PCT، etc. ;
- 100 million IRR (Iranian Rial Rate) as incentive supports for universities which filled patents in major patent offices around the globe such as USPTO، EPO، PCT، JPO، KIPO، etc. ;
- 70 percent financial support of national science or technology- based companies for their national and international trademark registration;
- Capacity building programs for intellectual property experts who working in universities and R&Ds;
- Patentability assessment of patent applications filed in Iranian Industry property General Office.
- Iran Patent Office to reach its missions provides clients with the list of qualified contacts who offer the following services
- Consultancy in Invention marketing and wealth creation from intellectual property
- Patent information search، freedom to operate search، validity search، patent watch search
- Advice and Preparing Patent Technology Transfer strategy
- Drafting/ negotiation IP license agreements
- Patent drafting and Patent Prosecution
- Litigation management
- Patent mapping and analyzing in all desired technical fields
- Patent valuation services
- Trademark search and national and international trademark filing and registration
- National and International Filing and Prosecution of industrial design
- Organizing intellectual property seminars and workshops
- IP Rights Training & Research